26 July 2012

Six Days Later

I guess proper blogging etiquette be damned. For those who don't keep regular tabs on most everything awesomely nerdy around the globe, this comes across as normal. For that remaining percentage, I would assume withdrawal symptoms take effect from lack of social networking and constantly existing within "the buzz". I'm different. Separating myself from that certain type of blogging allows me to take in more at one time rather than constantly trying to figure out multiple ways to say similar points. 


Other than that, at least from my limited perspective, the summer movie fest has certainly dimmed. Total Recall hits theatres next Friday, but apart from that, we're done with blockbusters. The 2012 summer season began with Marvel's The Avengers and damn well ended with The Dark Knight Rises with various other films to fill the gap. Some were good (Snow White and the Huntsman), some were comically satisfying (Madagascar 3, Brave), and some were flat out disappointing to at least bookworms (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter). I'm definitely leaving out several films mainly because I haven't seen them due to limited release (Moonrise Kingdom, Safety Not Guaranteed), but I can rest assured knowing when they release on DVD/Blu-ray that my green will be hitting the scene on those indie flicks. 


For you gamers out there, T-minus less than two months for Borderlands 2 and the f*cking awesome Ultimate Loot Chest edition I thoughtfully pre-ordered for myself. 18 September will be magnificent! 


Now, I'm very tired and will retire. 


Anxious for more? Engage yourself in item #67- pick up the graphic novel adaptation of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Thought the movie was good? Ha, guess again. 


Jonesy signing off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment