15 May 2012

The Computer Screen Conundrum

Your literature paper possesses mere hours left until the deadline. Hands trembling, head spinning, and a blank computer screen. This.........is the Computer Screen Conundrum. 


Students and authors, at one time, held pen and paper in hand for literary compositions. Technology evolved to the type-writer and now the infernal personal computing device. Microsoft Word's nefarious stark white screen stares mockingly, accusing you of accursed procrastination. In-depth research and studies have been completed for preparation, yet nothing spills onto the proverbial literary canvas. 


Many a times have I fallen woefully ill to this repetitive pseudo-disease. How, exactly, do I find the will necessary to overcome such a dreaded adversary? The answer is quite simple:


I turn my attention to Max Payne 3.


Indeed, the raw review as promised. Max's misadventures pick up nine years after the events of his second installment. We find the troubled soul in Sao Paulo, Brazil dragged into protection detail by an old friend from the NYPD. Don't get overly fond of the New York-style film noir feel of the previous games. Max's transition from gritty apartments to even grittier favelas definitely includes a vast difference in color scheme. One thing I've found out, though: 


I MISS THAT!

Personal opinion aside, Rockstar has delivered on every established point. From Bullet-Time to James MccAffrey, it's a welcome return to a beloved character. I welcome you back, old friend and can't wait to be as drunk as you have been. 

As for the limited edition, I don't regret my purchase. The ten inch statue of Max now rests by my bedside while the bullet keychain remains firmly attached to my Ghostbusters keychain and Captain America. Along with those two pieces of swag, Rockstar includes downloadable content for multiplayer, the soundtrack, AND four lithographs that will remain a secret (Hint: buy the damn limited edition). 


Now, what the hell DO you do with a BA in English? #82: Constantly point out/correct double-negatives to annoy the hell out of coworkers. 


Until next time, Jonesy signing off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment