17 May 2012

DOUBLE POST POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly cannot recall the events of yesterday. Events to believe had transpired included going nowhere near my car keys. This, of course, led to a lethargic day with sloth aforethought. Despite the fact that most of season three of The Big Bang Theory consisted of episodes previously viewed on TBS as re-runs, I lived up to my manager's predictions of laughing my ass off. The over-all result prevented a well-thought post that I'm most certainly sure this vast audience would have thoroughly enjoyed. I digress, partially because it's time to get this post on and stop with a self-inflicted pity-party. 


Battleship hits theatres tomorrow. My childhood and early teens consisted of losing to my brother as well as the computer-generated opponent on the hand-held system. In honor of those memories, I shall be in attendance of the early-bird show for what I'm sure will be an enjoyable thrill-ride down memory lane. 


In the words of Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D........


BAZINGA!

Saw that coming, right? You're a highly intelligent member of society, so of course you did. Battleship could not possibly entice me to raise from the comforts of my bed let alone couch; therefore, this...as much as it pains me to say, "film", will not receive the slightest amount of my patronage. Perhaps when I find the travesty floating amidst the several hundred channels on Fios will the adaptation be viewed. Until then, I'll wait until June's competent film line-up followed by July's. May began with The Avengers and ended with Dark Shadows. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing else to view (apologies to independent filmmakers whose films do not receive enough attention nor credit). 

Burned through the first chapter of Max Payne 3 yesterday. Rockstar's flashback to Max in his natural, gritty, noir scene in Hoboken brought warm and fuzzy feelings to my heart. I felt right at home with snow on the ground, the moon blotted out by dark clouds, and the flashing of multiple barrels giving light to my surroundings. Unfortunately, this is just a flashback placing a shaven, melancholic Max in a New Jersey bar where he rightfully belongs. Sao Paulo's favelas doesn't give me the traditional "noir" sense. While a change in setting may give the story a drastic shift, true fans of the series will find transitioning somewhat difficult. As said before, this honestly does not pull me away from any part of the game. I've been a firm advocate for Remedy's original creation and constant fan of James MccAffrey's voice acting since the first game. Rockstar also gives a new twist on the "graphic novel" design of the series' cut scenes. Rather than maintain the static appearance, thus truly providing a comic book appeal, developers opted for a "motion-comic" design which incorporates both aspects. Loading scenes harken back to the novel design, recapping previous events you have accomplished. 

I'm finishing the game come Hell or high water. This has been one truly captivating adventure eleven years in the making. Whether Max literally bites the bullet this time or comes to terms with reality, I won't have the slightest issue when reaching the end. In relation to the JCRS, I award Max's saga (so far) a respectable eight and half out of ten. My final remarks on the game will come in the near future. 

Jonesy signing off with yet another healthy dose of what DO you do with a BA in English? Let's go with #8: Amass a remarkable collection of novels, then stack them like Jenga blocks and see who loses first (note: loser must read ALL books that fall over). 

No comments:

Post a Comment