21 May 2012

The Day Time Stopped...

...until I noticed my Batman clock's batteries were dead. My fears quickly came to a rapid halt upon this realization that I was, indeed, NOT late for work. Few updates: 


1) Comic Con 2012+long-ass line+Texas humidity-social circle-sense of patience= no convention for me


2) Max Payne 3 has been completed


3) Alien: Colonial Marines finally has a release date of 12 February 2013


4) June nears the horizon with Snow White and the Huntsman on the first, Prometheus on the eighth, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter on the twenty-second just to name three heavy-hitters


5) A new Spiderman series dubbed Spidermen hits shelves sometime in June


6) I still maintain zero desire to read the comics stock-piled in my room


Now, let's elaborate on those topics. Comic conventions, for anyone who has ever attended one, are insane. The lines to purchase tickets alone baffled my obviously primitive nerd classification. Yes, I missed out. Yes, I will plan better next time. No, I don't regret missing out on possibly meeting the nerd woman of my dreams. Once I witness the ridiculous line for the convention, I turned heels and went home. This, in no way, was a sign for continued disappointment. Bought Chronicle on blu ray with the lost footage and I must say, still as great a film the second time around. Recommendation: the smiley emoticon. 


After waiting over a decade for the conclusion of a beloved series, Max Payne has met an interesting (though not what I thought) end. Remedy and Rockstar shared an idea over the course of the series' history. I can still distinctly recall purchasing the first game years ago using a mall gift certificate. Bullet-Time thoroughly revolutionized action gameplay. I fought my way through the frustrations of each game while enjoying each second. Much like Harry Potter and Toy Story, here's another series of my childhood/adolescence coming to an end. 


Speaking of sagas, the much-deserved saving grace to Ridley Scott's genius science-fiction series arrives early next year. That's right, boys and girls. Strap on your space boots and stay frosty. Alien: Colonial Marines finally earned a release date. The original Alien vs Predator games were astounding. Never was there a more satisfying moment than playing as the Predator or tearing through xenomorphs with the pulse rifle or smart gun. Sans the playability as the alien or predator, Colonial Marines tosses players back onto the Sulaco sixteen years after Ripley's supposed death. Fans of Cameron's addition will recognize iconic scenes from the film like coming across Bishop's lower, android half or the power loaders used to dispatch the bitch of a queen. Those willing to dish out the cash can expect one hell of a limited addition detailed below: 



Yeah, that's totally mine. Keep in mind, since the release is still a ways out, all of this awesome sauce is subject to change. However, judging by the clout this edition's carrying, I highly doubt change to occur. Think I'll stick that sucker next to my Alduin statue. 

Limited editions don't stop there, either. Nearly every game coming this holiday season will be packing one, if not two, different editions available for purchase. Borderlands 2 had theirs announced last week by Gearbox and 2K. True, bad-ass fans will be rewarded with a scaled replica of the crimson weapons loot chest along with a Marcus Kincaid bobble head and various other baubles. 


Yes, I understand. Why drop $150 on all of this? I'll tell you.......alright, never mind. I don't have a justifiable reason other than LOOK AT IT!!!!! That is all. 

Those are just TWO, mind you, of the severely coveted collector's editions releasing this Fall. We still have Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4. Ubisoft and 343 Studios are almost required to appease consumers with nothing short of epic epicness. 

June definitely has a promising line-up with the above films mentioned. Kristen Stewart might actually pick up where she left off before the Twilight series with screenwriters producing decent scripts. I, for one, will be biting at the bit for this take on Snow White. As for Prometheus and Vampire Hunter, I think they speak for themselves. 

Don't know much about the new web-crawler series other than it's coming in June and I saw it on the back of a free comic book from Free Comic Book Day. Might be interesting. 

Therefore, and without any ado, I bid you all a temporary fare thee well and leave you with one of those rules for what you can DO with a BA in English: #40- When you're pissed at someone or they've poked fun, just remember. You have a BA in English. Do what Paul Bettany said in his character of Geoffrey Chaucer. "I will eviscerate you in fiction...I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity". Neat twist on the "get even" scheme. 

Bon chance, mes amis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment